Nationally recognised Unit of Competency
- MSMWHS216 Operate breathing apparatus
A nationally recognised Statement of Attainment will be emailed to participants deemed competent at the conclusion of the course.
Course outcomes include
This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to operate breathing apparatus in accordance with Australian Standard AS/NZS 1715:2009 Selection, use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment.
- Perform pre-donning checks and tests
- Identify hazards from possible atmosphere contaminants
- Operate and maintain breathing apparatus equipment in an irrespirable atmosphere
- Concluding operations
As a minimum, entrants to this course must have
- The Literacy and numeracy skills to read testing equipment and determine the available working time of a breathing apparatus
- The physical capability to wear and work in breathing apparatus and associated equipment in a range of conditions.
Our website has a comprehensive range of information that will help you make an informed decision regarding the training we provide. Please refer to the Student Handbook for general information regarding your rights and responsibilities when we provide training to you.
Unique Student Identifier
If you are undertaking nationally recognised training you will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). It is free and easy for you to create your own USI online. By law, training organisations can only issue your certificate once they have received your USI. Please visit https://www.usi.gov.au/ to create your USI.