Nationally recognised Units of Competency
- PUAFER005 Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
- PUAFER006 Lead an emergency control organisation
A nationally recognised Statement of Attainment will be emailed to participants deemed competent at the conclusion of the course.
Supersedes: PUAWER005B Operate as part of an emergency control organisation & PUAWER006B Lead an emergency control organisation (Feb 2020)
Course outcomes include
The Chief Warden component of this course provides participants with the competency required to make decisions about peoples safety during a workplace emergency.
Covers facilities as specified in AS3745 Planning for emergencies in facilities and AS4083 Planning for emergencies – Health care facilities.
- Prepare for workplace emergencies
- Ensure emergency control organisation is in place
- Control the response to emergency reports, signals and warnings
- Coordinate reports and results of initial emergency response
- Conclude incident
The Warden component of this course provides participants with the competency required to implement the emergency response specified in the workplace emergency procedures.
- Respond to emergency reports, signals and warnings
- Initiate and control initial emergency response
- Anticipate the further development of emergencies
- Assist with post initial response
Our website has a comprehensive range of information that will help you make an informed decision regarding the training we provide. Please refer to the Student Handbook for general information regarding your rights and responsibilities when we provide training to you.
Unique Student Identifier
If you are undertaking nationally recognised training you will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). It is free and easy for you to create your own USI online. By law, training organisations can only issue your certificate once they have received your USI. Please visit https://www.usi.gov.au/ to create your USI.