This unit supersedes HLTAID005 Provide First Aid in Remote Situations (Sept. 2021)
Nationally recognised Units of Competency
- HLTAID013 Provide first aid in remote or isolated site
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
A nationally recognised Statement of Attainment noting the above units of competency will be emailed to participants deemed competent at the conclusion of the course.
This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty in a remote or isolated site over an extended period of time until medical assistance is provided, or evacuation occurs.
This course applies to any site where medical assistance is likely to be delayed.
Participants must be able to perform CPR in line with ARC guidelines including:
- at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR on an Adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor; and
- at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR on an Infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface.
Course covers applied first aid procedures for the following:
- non-life threatening bleeding
- minor wound cleaning and dressing
- envenomation, using pressure immobilisation
- hypothermia and hyperthermia
- fractures, strains and sprains
- head, neck and spinal injuries
- life threatening bleeding requiring use of tourniquets and haemostatic dressings
Our website has a comprehensive range of information that will help you make an informed decision regarding the training we provide. Please refer to the Student Handbook for general information regarding your rights and responsibilities when we provide training to you.
Unique Student Identifier
If you are undertaking nationally recognised training you will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). It is free and easy for you to create your own USI online. By law, training organisations can only issue your certificate once they have received your USI. Please visit https://www.usi.gov.au/ to create your USI.