Nationally recognised Unit of Competency
- PUAEME004 Provide emergency care for suspected spinal injury
A nationally recognised Statement of Attainment will be emailed to participants deemed competent at the conclusion of the course.
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Copy of certificate to be supplied prior to course.
This unit provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to minimise further injury to a casualty when applying first aid and waiting for emergency medical aid.
It includes recognition and management of suspected spinal injury, immobilising cervical spine, evaluating the need to move casualty, preparing a casualty for transport, transporting and monitoring a casualty and performing a casualty handover
This unit is applicable to personnel from emergency services, volunteer organisations or organisations which provide a first aid service in an environment where there is a risk of spinal injuries.
- Fit a conscious casualty with a soft cervical collar
- Fit a conscious casualty with a soft cervical collar and assist to a supine position
- Move a casualty with suspected spinal injury
- Documentation – complete 3 entries in Workplace Incident Journal
- Written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions
Our website has a comprehensive range of information that will help you make an informed decision regarding the training we provide. Please refer to the Student Handbook for general information regarding your rights and responsibilities when we provide training to you.
Unique Student Identifier
If you are undertaking nationally recognised training you will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). It is free and easy for you to create your own USI online. By law, training organisations can only issue your certificate once they have received your USI. Please visit https://www.usi.gov.au/ to create your USI.