This unit will be replaced by HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in remote or isolated site in September 2021.
Nationally recognised Units of Competency
- HLTAID005 Provide first aid in remote situations
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
A nationally recognised Statement of Attainment will be emailed to participants deemed competent at the conclusion of the course.
Course Outcomes include
This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty.
This course applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
- Respond to a remote emergency situation
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Manage the incident
- Evaluate the incident and own performance
Participants must be able to perform CPR in line with ARC guidelines including:
- at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR on an Adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor; and
- at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR on an Infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface.
Course covers applied first aid procedures for the following:
- allergic reaction
- basic care of a wound
- bleeding control
- choking and airway obstruction
- envenomation, using pressure immobilisation
- environmental impacts including hyperthermia, hypothermia, dehydration & heat stroke
- fractures, strains and sprains
- head, neck and spinal injuries
- respiratory distress, including asthma
Our website has a comprehensive range of information that will help you make an informed decision regarding the training we provide. Please refer to the Student Handbook for general information regarding your rights and responsibilities when we provide training to you.
Unique Student Identifier
If you are undertaking nationally recognised training you will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). It is free and easy for you to create your own USI online. By law, training organisations can only issue your certificate once they have received your USI. Please visit https://www.usi.gov.au/ to create your USI.