Nationally recognised Unit of Competency
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
A nationally recognised Statement of Attainment will be emailed to participants deemed competent at the conclusion of the course.
Course Outcomes include
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Perform CPR procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) as recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
This unit applies to all workers and individuals who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Participants must be able to perform CPR in line with ARC guidelines including:
- at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR on an Adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor; and
- at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR on an Infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface.
Our website has a comprehensive range of information that will help you make an informed decision regarding the training we provide. Please refer to the Student Handbook for general information regarding your rights and responsibilities when we provide training to you.
Unique Student Identifier
If you are undertaking nationally recognised training you will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). It is free and easy for you to create your own USI online. By law, training organisations can only issue your certificate once they have received your USI. Please visit https://www.usi.gov.au/ to create your USI.