Nationally recognised Units of Competency
- HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
A nationally recognised Statement of Attainment will be emailed to participants deemed competent at the conclusion of the course.
Course Outcomes include
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Perform advanced resuscitation
- Communicate details of the incident
- Evaluate the incident and own performance
This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) as recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
This unit applies to all workers and individuals who may be required to use specialised equipment to provide resuscitation, in a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings.
Participants must be able to perform CPR in line with ARC guidelines including:
- at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR on an Adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor; and
- at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR on an Infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface.
Performance evidence includes:
- 2 minutes of CPR on adult manikin with AED, including use of bag-valve-mask
- 2 minutes of CPR on infant manikin
- assess vital signs of casualty (respirations, pulse and temperature)
- clear airway using suction device
- oropharyngeal airway (OPA) adjunct
- administer supplemental oxygen
Our website has a comprehensive range of information that will help you make an informed decision regarding the training we provide. Please refer to the Student Handbook for general information regarding your rights and responsibilities when we provide training to you.
Unique Student Identifier
If you are undertaking nationally recognised training you will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). It is free and easy for you to create your own USI online. By law, training organisations can only issue your certificate once they have received your USI. Please visit https://www.usi.gov.au/ to create your USI.